Mashable has an interesting article on seven disruptive VOIP services:
- GrandCentral - Unified phone number; recently acquired by Google
- Jangl - Anonymizing phone numbers
- RingCentral - Virtual PBX and toll-free number for small businesses
- Jajah - Flexible, anonymous VOIP
- Nimbuzz - SMS and VOIP on cell phones
- txtDrop - Free SMS
Of these services, I am looking forward to using GrandCentral once Google opens it up. I see some use for Jangl at times. Nimbuzz doesn't quite work as advertised on my Sony Ericsson T616 while txtDrop seems to have just dropped the SMS. I haven't used any of the others.